Carlsbad Village Street Faire coming May 6, some roads closed
May 03, 2012
Several downtown roads will be closed Sunday, May 6, to make way for the Carlsbad Village Street Faire, a community event featuring more than 900 vendors, live entertainment, food and kids’ rides.
Streets scheduled to be closed from approximately 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. include:
- Grand Avenue from Carlsbad Boulevard to Jefferson Street
- Washington Street from Carlsbad Village Drive to Christiansen Way
- State Street from Carlsbad Village Drive to Beech Street
- Roosevelt Street from Carlsbad Village Drive to Beech Street
- Madison Street from Carlsbad Village Drive to south of Arbuckle Place
- Christiansen Way between State Street and the east side of the Carlsbad Coaster Station entrance
General and disabled parking spaces will be available in the area surrounding the event. Free shuttle service is provided at Westfield Plaza Camino Real Shopping Mall, 2525 El Camino Real, unloading at the southeast corner of Grand Avenue at Jefferson Street, and at the Poinsettia Coaster Station, 6511 Avenida Encinas, unloading at Washington Avenue and Christiansen Way. Shuttles run every 15 minutes between 7:45 a.m. and 5 p.m.
The biannual Carlsbad Village Street Faire takes place on Grand Avenue from Carlsbad Boulevard to Jefferson Street, in the heart of the city’s downtown village, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is put on by the Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce.
Approximately 100,000 people are expected at the event.
For more information