Halloween on Elm coming Oct. 27
October 04, 2012
Get ready for a spooktacular time at the city’s third annual Halloween on Elm (did you know Carlsbad Village Drive used to be called Elm Avenue?), Saturday, Oct. 27, from 1 to 6 p.m., in locations throughout the Village, primarily on State Street and Oak Avenue.
“Halloween on Elm is a great place for people to meet their neighbors and enjoy fun activities for kids of all ages in the heart of the Village,” said Housing & Neighborhood Services Director Debbie Fountain. “From carnival games and costume contests to live music and the farmers’ market, there is something for everyone.”
- Halloween-themed carnival games and jump houses
- Costume contests for people and pets
- Meet Shelob the spider
- Halloween story telling
- Community partner booths with games and activities
- Hands-on art making activities
- Safe costume checks
- Live music and entertainment
- Food available for purchase
- Farmers’ market with Halloween activities
- Haunted house at the Boys and Girls Club
- Haunted path at Kelsall and Associates
The following streets will be closed on Oct. 27 from approximately 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.:
- Carlsbad Village Drive from State Street to Oak Avenue
- Oak Avenue from the Santa Fe Railroad to Tyler Street
General parking and parking for the disabled will be available on the streets surrounding the event.
The City of Carlsbad is hosting the event in partnership with local businesses and community groups. These partnerships include the Agua Hedionda Lagoon Foundation, Batiquitos Lagoon Foundation, Boys and Girls Clubs, Caliber Entertainment, Carlsbad Educational Foundation, Carlsbad Key Club, Carlsbad Village Association, Carlsbad Country Day School, Discovery Children’s Dentistry, Kahoots Pet Store, Kelsall and Associates, Kidville, Knockout Pizzeria, Sea Life Aquarium, US Bank and Waterworks Aquatics.
For more information on the event, visit the city’s website, www.carlsbadca.gov, or call 760-434-2815.
Name: Halloween on Elm
Host: City of Carlsbad
Date: Saturday, Oct. 27
Time: 1 to 6 p.m.
Location: Locations throughout the Village, primarily on State Street and Oak Avenue
For more information