New park open
January 13, 2014
Alga Norte Community Park, the City of Carlsbad’s new 32-acre park at the corner of Alicante Road and Poinsettia Lane, is now open. Watch a virtual tour of the park. See photos here.
The new park features:
- An aquatic center with a 56-meter competition pool, a 25-yard 12-lane instruction pool, a warm water spa for adults, a fitness room and concession stand
- A splash pad for children
- Off-leash dog park with areas for large and small dogs, dog agility props and a dog training area
- A lighted skate park for beginner and experienced skateboarders
- A playground with shade structures over the play equipment
- One lighted full basketball court and one half basketball court
- Three lighted multi-purpose ball fields with a snack bar
- Shaded picnic areas with barbeques
Carlsbad’s newest park offers activities for all ages. Visit www.carlsbadconnect.org to sign up for group and individual swimming lessons year round, aquatic camps, deep water boot camp, paddleboard pool yoga and diving classes. Dog owners can sign up for dog training and agility classes. The skate park will feature camps and clinics for beginner and experienced skateboarders. The city is also offering for the first time NFL flag football for boys and girls in grades K-8.
Kristina Ray, 760-434-2957 or email@example.com