Dispose of Christmas trees for free
December 14, 2010
City offers convenient Christmas tree recycling Dec. 27 to Jan. 17
The City of Carlsbad is offering residents free, curbside pickup as well as drop-off bin locations for Christmas trees from Monday Dec. 27, to Monday, Jan. 17. The trees will be recycled and converted into mulch that will be used throughout San Diego County.
The tree stand, lights and all other decorations must be removed from the tree prior to recycling. Flocked trees are not recyclable and must be disposed of through regular trash service.
- Trees taller than 6 feet must be cut in half
- Set the tree at the curb with other yard waste for pickup on the normally scheduled collection date
Carlsbad drop-off bin locations:
- Calavera Community Park, 2997 Glasgow Drive
- Poinsettia Community Park, 6600 Hidden Valley Road
- Stagecoach Community Park (lower park section), 3420 Camino de los Coches
- Fire Station #1, 1275 Carlsbad Village Drive
- Palomar Transfer Station, 5960 El Camino Real
For more information, contact Waste Management at 760-929-9400 or visit http://northcounty.wm.com/christmastree.asp.
Each year, approximately 35 million live Christmas trees are sold in the United States. Recycling the trees helps keep millions of trees out of landfills and returns a renewable resource back to the environment.